Share this

Make your own Toy Story ball

Macey only asked for 3 things last Christmas, a Toy Story bowl, Slinky Dog, and the famous Toy Story ball.  Well that was easy enough, right!  WRONG! 
The ONLY Toy Story ball I found was on ebay, and it was going for $40.00.  I wasn't going to spend that.  
I figured surly I could make one.  I did a search on how to go about painting on a rubber ball.

Here are the ingredients


First thing you need to do is, well find a yellow rubber ball.  I thought this was going to be the hardest part, especially seeing how I went shopping for it just a few days before Christmas Day.  Luck was on my side.  I found one at the very first place I stopped.  Academy Sports, or is it called Sports Academy?  I can never remember.  It cost me $5 bucks I think.  

You first must rub the entire ball with rubbing alcohol.  I found that sitting the ball on a cup worked pretty well. Then sprayed it with  a plastic primer. 



The ball I got had a design pattern on it which made it really easy to line the blue stripe around the ball. 


Then I made a star template on the computer and printed it out.  I wished I had saved it so I could post it, but I didn't.  

I outlined it with a red thin sharpie. 

After everything is painted and dried.  I coated it with a flat sealer.  I must have done about 5 or 6 coats with it drying between coats.  It's been several months since I made it.  It has held up pretty well, but even with the sealer the paint has chipped off some.  I plan on touching it up soon :) Oh, and mine has never been out doors.  I don't think it would last long outside.  But all in all it looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself. :) It sure beats paying $40.00 bucks for one.  

Here's the finished product. 



Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails

♥ Grab my button



♥ Blog visits

♥ My photography blog

♥ My Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP